Friday, December 3, 2010

Like... Barneys New York Lending Local Flair

Barneys New York windows in NYC


Barneys windows in Chicago, with local chefs Achatz and Bayless...


I am lucky enough to walk by Barneys everyday on my way home from work. Sometimes it's more torturous than enjoyable, (the Valextra bag display haunts me) but I was pleasantly surprised by the humorous holiday window display that was catered to Chicago! Barneys' "Have a Foodie Holiday" theme is hysterical and so very timely, after all hasn't the whole world become fascinated with the culinary world? (My mother, who famously only cooked chicken my entire childhood is suddenly consulting the Food Network and preparing pistachio encrusted salmon!) While New York's windows feature faces like Mario Batali, Wolfgang Puck and my favorite love-to-hate Anthony, now going by Tony Bourdain, Chicago's faces are the familiar and locally celebrated Grant Achatz of Alinea and Rick Bayless of Frontera Grill and Xoco. What a nice Holiday surprise indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment