Thursday, February 24, 2011

Love... Tricia Guild and The Design Guild


The fabulous Tricia Guild...


The deliciously enticing storefront on King's Road...


Some people travel abroad to see the sights: the Empire State Building, Sagrada Familia, Parthenon or Hagia Sophia. Others, like me are lured overseas for equally impressive establishments like the Designer's Guild situated perfectly on London's uberfashionable King's Road. Tricia Guild, the mastermind behind this mecca of good taste, started the company in 1970 and now shares responsibilities with her business savvy brother Simon Jeffrey's. The Guild, with its cheerful robin's egg blue storefront is as pretty on the outside as the items produced inside- think hand painted wallpaper, lush fabrics designed in the name of the Queen and furniture that makes you ooh and ahh like you might when catching your first glimpse of those famous pyramids everyone talks about!



My favorite print of the moment...



So subtly beautiful I can't stand it...



A quite cheerful room...


I love these trees- and they come in all sorts of vibrant colors- think rhubarb!



It is not normal to get this excited about wallpaper, but I can't help it. This is gorgeous.



Wallpaper made fabric made blue made dazzling window treatments...


I could live in this room. Now.


Or in this room...



This isn't totally me- but I love the combos of prints and stripes and light, airy textures!


I will however live here, note the wide-plank floors...

No comments:

Post a Comment