Saturday, February 12, 2011

Loathe... Betty Draper, Like January Jones


Betty Draper looking mean... January looking rather nice....


I have always found myself hating January Jones. She's tall, she's beautiful, she's impeccably dressed, and she pouts a lot. Then I saw her interviewed on the SAG red carpet where she cracked a smile and revealed what I assume is her identity, not that of Betty Draper, the sullen housewife whose attributes I had formerly attached to the actress herself. I guess it is a risk that many actors take when playing the part of a villain and Jones seems to have played the nightmarish and cold housewife, Betty Draper so well that I found myself absolutely loathing the girl behind the villain January Jones. But alas, on this recent red carpet appearance she was not at all what I expected! She didn't scold the interviewer for slouching, or speaking loudly, she didn't light up a cigarette complaining and sighing heavily- Instead she smiled, laughed and spoke with humor. Something I've never witnessed from the fairly under-the-radar actress who doesn't do many interviews and is mostly blogged about for her dating habits and clothing choices. So I admit my folly in judging Ms. Jones prematurely and falsely projecting the sourness of Mrs. Draper onto the seemingly sweet actress.


The actress watching a tennis tournament with friend (and also fabulous) Rose Byrne...


Jones is the new face of Versace...



In a sassy red Versace at the Golden Globes...
(I'll toot my own horn- I blogged about this dress months ago!)



Love this Carolina Herrera look at the SAGs...



January at the 2010 Golden Globes wearing Versace...


More Versace for the Emmy's....

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE january jones! she takes phenomenal fashion risks and always switches her look and does so seamlessly.

    ReplyDelete